Open Air Cinema at Paris La Villette is a not-to-be-missed summer evening event in Paris! Every summer, for more than 20 years, the prairie du triangle in the Parc de la Villette becomes the largest open air movie theater in Paris.
Now emblematic, this free festival is an opportunity for the public to discover or rediscover cinema masterpieces. Come with family, friends, neighbours, to laugh, to marvel, to tremble or to travel. With the largest inflatable screen in Europe (544m²), the 20,000 m² of lawn can fit about 150,000 movie fans over one month to watch movies on a large outdoor screen, making this open air cinema at la Villette particularly special, rich with a varied program.
Every wednesday, you can enjoy a garden party at Jardin 21* before your film. You can also go on a gourmet cruise every saturday and sunday before the screening.
Program of the outdoor cinema in July
- Wednesday 17th July: Blade Runner 2049 by Denis Villeneuve (2017) - 2:13
- Thursday 18th July: Arte's Karaoke
- Friday 19th July: Tomorrow by Cyril Dion and Mélanie Laurent (2015) - 1:58
- Saturday 20th July, kids day: Ponyo by Hayao Miyazaki (2009) - 1:41 - Asian gourmet cruise before the projection in La Villette
- Sunday 21st July: Jeremiah Johnson by Sidney Pollack (1972) - 1:50 - American gourmet cruise before the outdoor projection
- Wednesay 24th July: Bloody Milk by Hubert Charuel (2017) - 1:30
- Thursday 25th July: The Red Turtle by Michael Dudok Wit (2016) - 1:21
- Friday 26th July: Arte short circuit "Demain" followed by Her by Spike Jonze (2014) - 2:06
- Saturday 27th July: Just before losing everything by Xavier Legrand (2012) - 30 min followed by Gattaca by Andrew Niccol (1998) - 1:46 - Try a rooftop apéro at Villette Markez or go on a gourmet cruise before the screening!
- Sunday 28th July: Modern Times by Charlie Chaplin (1936) - 1:23 - Don't miss the American gourmet cruise before de session.
- Wednesday 31st July: The Rendez-Vous of Déjà-Vu by Antonin Peretjako (2013) - 1:28
Program of the outdoor cinema in August
- Thursday 1st August: Captain fantastic by Matt Ross (216) - 1:58
- Friday 2d August: Arte short-circuit "Demain" followed by Snowpiercer by Bong Joon-Ho (2013) - 2:06
- Saturday 3d August: The Runaway by Jean-Bernard Marlin (2013) - 22 min then followed by Wall-E by Andrew Stanton (2008) - 1:37 - Check the Berber inspired gourmet cruise to do just before the screening
- Sunday 4th August: A River Runs Through It by Robert Redford (1993) - 2:03 - Try the "back to the roots" gourmet cruise before the screening
- Wednesday 7th August: The Congress of Ari Folman (2013) - 2:03
- Thursday 8th August: Oslo, August 31st (2012) - 1:36
- Friday 9th August: Arte short-circuit "Demain" followed by Isle of Dogs by Wes Anderson (2018) - 1:42
- Saturday 10th August: Corps Perdu by Lukas Dhont (2012) - 17 min followed by Ready Player One by Steven Spielberg (2018) - 2:20 - Don't miss the "virtual adventure" gourmet cruise prepared by Mamie Foodie just before the screening!
- Sunday 11th August: Lost Horizons by Frack Capra (1937) - 2:01 - Check the Asian gourmet cruise just before the screening
- Wednesday 14th August: The Gleaners and I by Agnès Varda (1999) - 1:22
- Thursday 15th August: Erin Brokovich by Steven Soderbergh (2000) - 2:11
- Friday 16th August: Arte short-circuit "Demain" followed by Children of Men by Alfonso Cuaron (2006) - 1:50 (12-rated film)
- Saturday 17th August: Je sens le beat qui monte en moi - Yann Le Quellec (2012) - 32 min followed by Under the Skin by Jonathan Glazer (2014) - 1:48 - Check the gourmet cruise just before the screening!
- Sunday 18th August: Blade Runner - Ridley Scott (1982) - 1:57 - Asian gourmet cruise before the screening
Open air cinema: practical information
Program may be subject to change. For more information: visit La Villette website. All movies at La Villette will be in the original version subtitled in French.
Deckchair and plaid for rent every evening from 7.30 p.m.: 7€ / 5 deck chairs 20 €. It is free with a membership card or la Villette pass,
Dates and movie time schedule
Film screening begins at dusk. Open air movies: Wednesday to Sunday.
Opt for a cruise on the Canal de l'Ourcq, and come back in time to enjoy an open air movie.