Open Air Cinema at Paris La Villette is a not-to-be-missed summer evening event in Paris! Every summer, for more than 20 years, the prairie du triangle in the Parc de la Villette becomes the largest open air movie theater in Paris.
Now emblematic, this free festival is an opportunity for the public to discover or rediscover cinema masterpieces. Come with family, friends, neighbours, to laugh, to marvel, to tremble or to travel. With the largest inflatable screen in Europe (544m²), the 20,000 m² of lawn can fit about 150,000 movie fans over one month to watch movies on a large outdoor screen, making this open air cinema at la Villette particularly special, rich with a varied program.
This 2020 edition is shaken up by the rules of physical distances, respect of sanitary rules... and new access conditions. Follow the information and recommendations!
- the reservation of your seats is obligatory / no deckchair rental so come with your plaid, folding seat, etc...
Program of the outdoor cinema in July 2020
- 22 July 2020 : Le Grand bain de Gilles Lellouche, 2018, 2h02
- 23 July 2020 : Easy Rider de Dennis Hopper, 1969, 1h34. Forbidden to under 12
- 24 July 2020 : Fury Road de George Miller, 2015, 2h
- 25 July 2020 : Kirikou et les bêtes sauvages de Michel Oncelot et Bénédicte Galup, 2005, 1h15
- 26 July 2020 : Les moissons du ciel de Terrence Malick, 1979, 1h34
- 29 July 2020 : Comme un avion de Bruno Podalydès, 2015, 1h45
- 30 July 2020 : Into the wild de Sean Penn, 2008, 2h19.
- 31 July 2020 : Les Frères Sisters de Jacques Audiard, 2018, 2h01
Program of the outdoor cinema in August 2020
- 1st August 2020 : Microbe et Gasoil de Michel Gondry, 2015, 1h45. Réservez votre croisière + panier repas.
- 2 August 2020 : Little Big Man d'Arthur Penn, 1971, 2h19.
- 5 August 2020 : Le voyage aux Pyrénées d'Arnaud et Jean-Marie Larrieu, 2008, 1h42.
- 6 August 2020 : Grizzly Man de Werner Herzog, 2005, 1h43.
- 7 August 2020 : Thelma et Louise de Ridley Scott, 1991, 2h09.
- 8 August 2020 : Le chant de la mer de Tomm Moore, 2014, 1h33.
- 9 August 2020 : La mort aux trousses d'Alfred Hitchcock, 1959, 2h16.
- 13 August 2020 : Leave no trace de Debra Granik, 2018, 1h49.
- 14 August 2020 : Une Histoire vraie de David Lynch, 1999, 1h51.
- 15 August 2020 : Il était une fois la Révolution de Sergio Leone, 1972, 2h30.
- 16 August 2020 : Out of Africa de Sydney Pollack, 1986, 2h40.
- 19 August 2020 : Lady Chatterley de Pascale Ferran, 2006, 2h38.
- 20 August 2020 : Le secret de Brokeback Mountain de Ang Lee, 2005, 2h14.
- 21 August 2020 : Arizona Dream de Emir Kusturica, 1993, 2h22.
- 22 August 2020 : Le seigneur des anneaux : le retour du roi de Peter Jackson, 2003, 3h21. Some scenes are likely to offend the sensibilities of young audiences.
- 23 August 2020 : Le grand bleu de Luc Besson, 1988, 2h18.
Open air cinema: practical information
Program may be subject to change. For more information: visit La Villette website. All movies at La Villette will be in the original version subtitled in French.
2019 - canceled for 2020 - Deckchair and plaid for rent every evening from 7.30 p.m.: 7€ / 5 deck chairs 20 €. It is free with a membership card or la Villette pass,
Dates and movie time schedule
Film screening begins at dusk. Open air movies: Wednesday to Sunday.
- All the films presented at La Villette are in Original Version with French subtitles.
- Obligation to reserve even if it is free in order to respect the number of spectators - 2020
- No rental of deckchairs and plaids this summer 2020
- Beginning of the session at dusk.
Opt for a cruise on the Canal de l'Ourcq, and come back in time to enjoy an open air movie.