Where to listen to jazz around Paris
Even though Paris counts numerous places to listen to jazz (Caveau de la Huchette, Duc des Lombards, New Morning...), it's North-East districts isn't outdone either. Go there and you'll find many halls where beats the rythm of jazz and blues through concerts, festivals and all other type of events.
Places to listen to live jazz and blues music in Greater Paris region:
- Dynamo Banlieues Bleues at Pantin features a not-to-be-missed very special jazz and blues program all through the year.
- La Chope des Puces, this legendary restaurant located in the parisian Flea Market is where Django Reinhardt performed. It hosts some of the big names in gypsy and swing music and also blues, jazz, and rock concerts. Every Saturday and Sunday, gypsy jazz concerts are held from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Le Triton located in the district of Les Lilas, a concert hall and recording studio specialized in jazz.
- One Monday per month, Saint-Denis Jazz Club proposes a jazz concert at CDN Théâtre Gérard Philipe in Saint-Denis.
- Instants Chavirés located at Montreuil proposes an expert jazz program and improvised music.
- Philharmonie de Paris proposes many events around music and in particular jazz.
- Studio L'Ermitage, located in the 20th arrondissement of Paris is a music hall for concerts on world music and jazz.
- La Gare is a jazz music venue located in the 19th arrondissement of Paris, which settled on a brownfield, and surrounded by large terraces and gardens.
Jazz and blues famous events in Northeastern Paris
Each year moves to the rhythm of jazz and blues festivals in Seine-Saint-Denis as well as the north-east of Paris: jazz fusion, jazz manouche, jazz musette, blues...
- Banlieues Bleues festival takes place in concert halls located in the north-east of Paris in March and April and features a rich program of blues and jazz concerts.
- Pavillons Jazz Festival : Located in Pavillons-Sous-Bois proposes four days of jazz concerts in May.
- Festival Jazz Musette des Puces Saint-Ouen, held in June has become, in the last ten years, a key event in Gypsy jazz, swing and musette dance.
- In september, La Villette features a full jazz program with Jazz à La Villette.
- Rhizomes festival proposes free jazz and world music concerts in the eighteenth district of Paris in June and July.
Browse through the list of yearly festivals of the parisian north-east to sing, dance, watch films and listen to concerts whenever you want!